Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Lullabye (Good Night Dan Rather)

To the tune of Lullabye (Good Night My Angel) by Billy Joel

Goodnight, Dan Rather
Time to leave your desk
And save these questions for another day
I think I know what you've been getting at
I doubt you know what we've been trying to say
I promised I would never watch you
And you should always know
Wherever you may go
No matter where you are
Blogs never will be far away

Goodnight, Dan Rather
Now it's time to quit
And still so many things you want to say
Remember all the lies you spun at us
When we were choosing our next president
And like a dog who’s gotten rabies
They’re putting you to sleep
The water's dark and deep
Inside the ancient book
Lies’ll always be a part of hist’ry

Goodnight, Dan Rather
Now it's time to leave
And dream how you’ve damaged your legacy
Someday your eyes may cry
And if you sing this lullabye
Then in your heart
There will always be a part of me

Someday we'll all be gone
But lullabyes go on and on...
They never die
That's how your
Big lie
Will be


Update
Welcome Connected Coast to Coast viewers. I'm keeping this post at the top of the site tonight for all of you, but feel free to look around.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your article on Lullabye is childish. Grow up. You don't need to be so petty , so vicious. I don't particularly like Rather either but you need to grow up. Don't write such crap. You write like a high schooler.

Jib said...

I enjoy your lyrical stylings as well.

Mediaskeptic said...

I liked it, Jib. )

Drudge had the overnights for Dan's departure performance.

DAN RATHER PULLS TOP AUDIENCE FOR ANCHOR FINALE; CBS EVENING NEWS 7.2 RATING/13 SHARE OVER NBC NIGHTLY 6.5/12 OVER ABC WORLD 6.3/11...

Dan had to leave CBS for them to finally come in first.