Tuesday, April 05, 2005

On drunken driving, Democrats

With state Senator Decker's recent arrest for drunken driving, it would be pretty easy for conservative me to paint state Democrats with a broad brush, considering the spurt of Democrats arrested for the offense. I'm not going to do that though, and I hope other state Republicans avoid having too much fun with this as well. When ethics issues are involved, the individual is fair game to those ethics charges. However, terrible personal decisions are things that afflict individuals of both parties. Eventually there will be a string of state Republicans that make stupid decisions. If you dish it, be prepared to take it when that time comes. I'm choosing not to dish it on this one. Given the unhinged nature of the Democratic wing of the Democratic party, though, something tells me I'll still have to take it. But that's no excuse to dip to their levels.

1 comment:

Marcus Aurelius said...

Good Call Jib!

I too am not heaping it on Decker and in fact I was in Wausau this weekend visiting with one of his supporters (and this fellow is as active a Dem as I am a Republican) and a good friend of mine. I noted we have state senators with something in common.

Yes, Mike Ellis was picked up for the same offense a couple of years ago.

Human frailty does not come with a D or an R.