Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Please click on the ads!!!

Heh. Half of all visitors to this site probably read that title and left the site. Another 25% probably rolled their eyes and skipped this post. The remaining 25% of you who are reading this are thinking, "what are you talking about, you crazy coot? You don't have ads on this site."

I don't, but others do. And I've begun to learn what I think is an important lesson, and that is that it doesn't take very much effort to support your favorite bloggers by clicking on the ads at their site. Also, you never know what you might find at the sponsor sites. For instance, I know that John Hawkins at Right Wing News was recently downsized and is now going to try to make blogging a full time gig. I like his site and respect the hard work that he puts into it, so I clicked an ad to support him. As it turns out, through that ad I found the Replay Radio Internet Radio Recorder, and I am probably going to purchase it. I cannot get my favorite radio station in my office, and internet radio is heavily frowned upon. I'll now be able to record the likes of Charlie Sykes, Jeff Wagner, Rush Limbaugh, Laura Ingraham, and Sean Hannity, and then listen to them at my leisure. It took almost zero effort on my part, I found a solution to a problem that I have, and I supported a blogger I enjoy. So I am asking all of you to click on the ads of your favorite bloggers. They'll appreciate it, and you may too. And the best part is, I don't have to feel guilty because I don't have any ads myself.

No comments: