Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Teachers

Heh. I should watch Dennis Miller more than I do. To wit, I give you Kathy Seip v. Lawrence O'Donnell. They feuded over teachers, with O'Donnell pretty much whoring himself out for teachers. I'm willing to give the good teachers all the love they deserve. I know some good ones, and their jobs aren't easy. At the same time, I don't see how anyone can sell themselves out to the teachers as O'Donnell apparently does. I went to a university that pumps out a lot of teachers. The very good ones I know, I met at that school. One has to face up to reality, though. For every one good teacher I met, there were three who failed at every other program they enrolled in. Teaching was the only thing they couldn't fail out of school at. My problem with teachers comes from the fact that my experience tells me the bad ones out number the good ones. Then when you figure into that number of teachers who become ungrounded by unquestioning involvement in their unions, the number of good, independent teachers becomes frighteningly small.

No comments: