10. Sometime in the first half of the year, the stock market will outrun the current irrational exuberance and sharply tumble back below 10,000.
9. At the end of the year, unemployment will remain above 9%.
8. At least one nation will default or nearly default on its debt.
7. A promising Green Bay Packer season will be derailed by injuries.
6. Democrats will avoid provoking controversy via legislation just enough to lose fewer seats than anticipated in the off-year election.
5. The newspaper industry will continue to disintegrate as at least two more papers halt their print editions.
4. Al Gore will pontificate about global warming during an unseasonable cold snap/blizzard (this should be a gimme).
3. Tiger Woods will return from hiatus before the majors begin.
2. There will be a significant terrorist attack on American interests.
1. President Obama's approval rating will end the year marginally higher than they begin the year. Marginally.