Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Phantom phone vibrations

I keep my cell phone clipped to my belt on my hip, mostly because I'm afraid I'd lose the damn thing if I put it anywhere else. I also keep it on vibrate mode because I hate the sound of ringing cell phones. So I was very surprised to learn that I'm not the only one who feels phantom phone rings.

If your hipbone is connected to your BlackBerry or your thighbone is connected to your cell phone, those vibrations you're feeling in the car, in your pajamas, in the shower, may be coming from your headbone.

Many mobile phone addicts and BlackBerry junkies report feeling vibrations when there are none, or feeling as if they're wearing a cell phone when they're not.

The first time it happened to Jonathan Zaback, a manager at the public relations company Burson-Marsteller, he was out with friends and showing off his new BlackBerry Curve.

"While they were looking at it, I felt this vibration on my side. I reached down to grab it and realized there was no BlackBerry there."

I'm no cell phone addict. Hell, people don't even call me that much. Still, I get the phantom ring.

No comments: