Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Quick Hitters

I've read a number of things today that I've found noteworthy. Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to write about them and I'm probably not going to be able to in the next couple of days. Just the same, I'd like to share these quick hitters with everyone.

*Fred Thompson has laid out his immigration plan, and it looks pretty good to me. It might help him in the primaries, but it might hurt him in a general election. We'll see.
*Remember the Israeli bombing of the supposed Syrian nuclear site? Last week a Syrian official confirmed it was a nuclear site, and again very quietly. It is as if nobody wants to touch this story. Except Stanley Kurtz at NRO, but even Kurtz leaves many questions unanswered.
*The momentum continues to grow against ethanol.
*I've done a few searches on Flickr in the last couple of days on the fires in Southern California. By and large, it looks like people are being smart and staying the hell away from the flames. Still, a few cool pics like this one have popped up.
*Ya know, anti-war protests keep happening, but does anyone really notice?

No comments: