Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Looking south across the border

I'm peeking south across the border. The Wisconsin-Illinois border. I always look south with pity. Those poor bastards flee across the border into Wisconsin like war torn refugees every Friday of the summer just to find a peaceful, beautiful place to spend a couple of days. I look across with abject horror now days, and thank God I'm just from a politically rebellious place like Wisconsin. I'm not exactly sure what constituency Alan Keyes is targeting, but I'm hoping his campaign is organizing a Get Out the Vote campaign towards mental health institutes in the Land of Lincoln. He may be single handedly burying the Illinois GOP even further than they already were. Hell, Jack Ryan probably could have brought more swing voters into the party.

P.S. I thought about tossing in a Bears joke, but I figure I'll wait for the NFL season to start.

P.P.S. Buck up, Illini. At least you're not Minnesota.

No comments: