Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Like you haven't thought about doing it

Inflatable snowmen, Santas, snow globes, and the like are my least favorite Christmas decoration innovation. Because of that, I'm actually sympathetic to these idiots.

Two Christmas grinches were arrested Monday, accused of stabbing a 12-foot-tall inflatable Frosty the snowman with a screwdriver. The Hamilton County Sheriff's office said two 18-year-olds were charged with criminal damaging, and the investigation continues to snowball.

The assault on Frosty was caught on tape when homeowner Matt Williquette set up a motion-sensitive video camera in a tree in his yard because the snowman had fallen victim to two earlier attacks.

You know how pets will occasionally get agitated by something they have no reason to fear or be angry with? I'm kind of like that with these inflatable decorations. I fear I may start barking uncontrollably when driving past them one day. These guys are vandals and they deserve whatever punishment they get. But in some small but illegal way they did us a favor.

Update
I guess I'm as snobby as the New York Times.

No comments: