Monday, April 02, 2007

I love a rainy night

There was a great scene in our southern sky tonight, and I wish I had the photography equipment and skills to have recorded it. In the east-southeast sky was a full moon that was still low in the sky. The light of the moon was illuminating some fast moving clouds just below. Meanwhile, in the southwest sky there was a storm rapidly moving across the sky with lightning flashing in the clouds tops. I didn't have a wide enough lense to get them both in, and even if I did, it wouldn't have done the moon justice. On top of that, I wasn't sure how to handle the settings on the camera. I would have preferred to have held the lense open until a lightning flash, but the light of the full moon would have wreaked havoc with that. On top of that, the clouds were moving across the sky so quickly that a faster shutter speed and wider aperture would have been preferable. Since I didn't get it on camera, you'll have to recreate it with the 40 or so words that I gave you. Consider it low resolution.

No comments: