Monday, April 16, 2007

What a terrible day

I spent a lot of time staring at a highway today, and it was very difficult to listen to reports of the massacre at Virginia Tech. I'm not even going to pretend to have the words for this. Just pray for the dead, the injured, and all of their loved ones. And hug your own loved ones. I'm a long way from home right now and I wish I could hug my own loved ones. And for me personally, I'm glad that WTMJ radio's signal carries well across Lake Michigan and well into western Michigan. It was better to be far from home and at least be able to hear the coverage from familiar voices like Charlie Sykes, Jeff Wagner, and the news team.

Incidentally, as Jeff Wagner's show progressed and after I lost the WTMJ signal and had to tune into other talk radio, I started to hear a lot of people talking about the political points of guns. Folks, there will be a time for that. Today and tomorrow are not it. We don't even know the details of this tragedy yet. Give it a few days, and then you will have all the time in the world to indulge in the political. But have some respect for the deceased and their mourning loved ones for now.

No comments: