Thursday, April 19, 2007

Miscellaneous drive time thoughts.

*I've heard just a little bit of talk this week wondering as to why no one tried to jump Cho Seung-Hui. Frankly, I think everyone did their best against him. Every strategic advantage was his-he had surprise on his side, in the hallways he had two long and narrow fields of fire that limited approachability, and inside the classrooms he had the advantage once he made it though the doorway. The only defense the students and faculty had was at the doors, and faculty and students were killed or wounded defending those doorways. There wasn't much more they could do.

*Americans spend countless hours stuck in traffic every year, yet none of us has used that time to figure out how to end gridlock.

*If I had to deal with gridlock every day, I'd eventually have to wire my car for blogging. I have too many good thoughts while stuck in traffic that seem to disappear by the time I get to a computer.

*Detroit actually has some very interesting architecture. It is a shame the city is stuck in a downward slide.

*I'm not a Ford guy by any means, but Ford Mustangs are fun to drive, none the less.

*Nissan Sentras, not so much.

*Western Michigan is nice area that I'd gladly visit on a long weekend. I'd like to hit some of the wineries, chocolate stores, and farm markets with the lovely Mrs. Jib sometime.

No comments: