Friday, May 25, 2007

The common sense of Gene Simmons

While I can guarentee that Gene Simmons and I are not kindred political souls, I have to admit that he is right on some of the major issues of our day. Radar has an interview with him that I recommend. Here's a sample:

RADAR: You seemed to have a deep respect for the soldiers you met at Camp Pendleton. What did you come away with?
GENE SIMMONS: It is embarrassing what's happening to America nowadays. I'm embarrassed. The same thing happened in Vietnam, and I lived through that era. It was unbelievable. The answer seems to be, from some political experts, just get up and leave and the bad guys will decide, "Hey let's disarm and everything's going to be okay." I'm so fucking sick and tired of such idiotic behavior.

A social conservative he ain't, but he ain't all bad. It seems he actually uses that melon of his.

No comments: