Monday, November 22, 2004

IE vs. Netscape vs. Firefox

I recently posted a question about whether I should switch from Netscape 7.2 to Fire Fox. Since that time I've hemmed and hawed, making no decision. Today I learned that Netscape will be releasing an all new browser that incorporates Fire Fox improvements. I'm going to stick with Netscape and test the new version on my secondary or third computer. For those few freaks like myself with an obsessive brand loyality to Netscape, I'll post my notes on the new version after its release.

3 comments:

BadgerDigger said...

Make the jump to Firefox.

If you need an email client too, then jump to Thunderbird too.

The new Netscape browser I believe to be a suite of software. This would include both of the above plus many other things that you most likely don't need. If you do need any of the other items, they can always be added on as needed.

BadgerDigger said...

Just make the jump to Firefox.

I did it about a year ago and never looked back and don't regret a thing.

RPM said...

But like I mentioned before, Netscape is at least one 'dot version' behind Firefox. So even if they make their new release with all the Firefox features, by the time they release the new version, Firefox will have moved on too.

If you use Firefox/Thunderbird combination, you are all set, especially if you just need browsing/email capabilities, and none of the other 'benefits' like chat programs within the browser, and such.