Thursday, September 25, 2008

Eric Gagne a Good Guy

This is a hell of a nice thing for him to do:
Milwaukee Brewers pitcher Eric Gagne bought 5,000 tickets to tonight's game against the Pittsburgh Pirates and plans to give them away.

"Tonight we'll be playing one of the most important games in franchise history, and I can think of no better way to thank the fans than giving families an opportunity to pack Miller Park," Gagne said in a statement released by the team. "No matter what happens over these next four games, I want everyone to know that I think the world of Brewers fans. Three million times they have walked through the gates this year and none of us on the field takes their support for granted. We're going to have some fun out here, and I know that the atmosphere will be electric."
Brewer fans have booed Gagne with a passion this season. He didn't have to do that, and if I had been him, I don't think I would have.

No comments: