Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Rest in Peace, Bill Leinenkugel

Former President of the Leinenkugel Brewing Company, Bill Leinenkugel, passed away at his home Monday at age 87. I heard about this yesterday but did not have the time to put into the post I wanted to write. I never had the opportunity to get to know Bill, but I did get to know one of his sons and a couple of his grandsons. It is no exaggeration to say that his leadership of the company carried it through what was a very tough time for regional breweries and set it up to be what is now a quite strong subsidiary of SABMiller. What won't get mentioned as often over the next several days is the class act family that he helped raise. On behalf of the Ojibway family, I offer my condolences to the Leinenkugel family on their loss.

No comments: