Thursday, September 18, 2008

Pragmatist

Pragmatist (noun)- 1) A free market capitalist who stands idly by as government gets ass deep in the financial markets knowing that without said intervention, the credit markets would freeze up like the pistons on a 1962 Dodge Lancer. 2) An individual who'd prefer to see an economy slowly float to its bottom like a feather on the wind to one that plunges to the ground like Michael Moore without a parachute.

I must admit, since I enjoy being employed and paying my bills, I'm standing idly by with my mouth firmly shut as the Feds muck around in the economy. Do I think it is a good thing? No, not really. Do I think it prolongs the pain? Certainly. Do I think that there are plenty of unforeseen circumstances to come because of the intervention? Without a doubt. Do I think I'm personally better off if this mess unfolds slowly rather than in a quick, violent seizing up of the economy? I do, and that's why I've yet to complain.

No comments: