Saturday, July 24, 2004

We've Forgotten

I woke up this morning warm and safe in my bed. I have my worries and stresses like everyone else, but I woke this morning without a care in the world. Then I turned on ESPN and watched their #8 sports headline-9/11 and the effect on sports. They opened up with the scenes of 9/11, scenes we've all seen hundreds of times, but with less and less frequently of late. My head began to ache, and my eyes misted up. I began to relive the emotions of that day, which for me were deep and strong, but not nearly as those of people who were in Washington and New York that day, or those who had loved ones who died. And as I watched these scenes anger welled up inside me. The anger was a mix of the anger that I am well familiar with, that which is directed at those who did this, and a new anger. My new anger is that so much of America has forgotten what happened that day. I am glad dissenting opinion has returned to America. I never thought that a permanent bi-partisanship attitude in Washington was a good idea. What angers me is the nature of the dissent. It is irrational, it is light on truth, it is propagandistic, it is viscious, and it is born out of the fact that this is the only way the left could regain power in 2004. Face it, Bush has performed well since 9/11. Since the possession of Power is all that matters to the left, they have engaged in near treasonous ways since late 2002. Lies are puked out, their whores in the media repeat the lies, and then when disproven, the media ignores the controversy. There was Nigerian Yellow Cake, Joe Wilson lied, those 16 words were accurate? Ah who cares the damage is done. No WMD in Iraq? Forget about the 35 sarin shells that have been found so far, they don't matter. Iran (a member of the Axis of Evil) had ties to 9/11? Ah well, Bush must just be beating the drums for a new war. Oil prices are hitting record highs? Huh, guess the war wasn't for oil after, but so what, it was worth 5 points in the polls.

I will go on the record as saying this. If John Kerry is elected president, the scandals that will result will make Clinton look like an alter boy. Our strength will be diminished at least 5 fold. The economy will be in shambles by 2009. Finally, the civil rights of dissenters will be grossly trampled on. September 11 will continue to be forgotten, justice will not be served, and we will be well on our way to losing this war with Islamism.

No comments: