Thursday, July 01, 2004

Zarqawi Targets Women

~Sigh~ I'm anything but a sexist. In fact, I kinda like this equality amongst the sexes thing. It makes women an even more interesting and fascinating gender. I have always been opposed to the women of our armed forces being in hostile territory, though. My opposition is not because I think women are incapable of the rigors of working in hostile territory; quite the contrary, I think they are capable of incredible bravery, if only to show us boys that what we can do they can do better. My problem with it is it makes them bigger targets for our enemies than the average male. Zarqawi understands that the average American's heart is softer for women than it is for men, and that is where this story comes from. I'm going to say this now before we find out an American Service Woman is abducted and killed, because it would be wholely inappropriate after: The abduction, abuse, and death of an American service woman is inevitable. Our enemies understand the political hay they can make with such actions, and they have no qualms about doing so. Some of us will get very angry with these cowardly men who perpetrate such atrocities, but others will blame the Bush administration. Others will include the mainstream media. I tell you all now, blame will first lay with the perps of that crime. The 1% of so of the remaining blame that is available to the government should sit squarely on Bill Clinton's shoulders for allowing this to ever happen in the first place.

No comments: