Monday, May 30, 2005

Memorial Day rememberance

Take a little time today for some quiet and solitude, and think back on all of those who have fought for the freedom on this nation. Think back on those who have paid the ultimate price with their lives, think about those who paid with their blood, and even send your thoughts out to those came through our nations wars having been fortunate enough to pay with sweat and tears.



If you find it difficult, start by thinking of those in your own family who have served. I personally do not know of anyone in my family who has died in battle for this country, but I do know of numerous family members who have served in World War II, Korea, Vietnam, and Iraq. I start by thinking of a Grandfather who I never met (those of you who have met me may not see the resemblance :-) ), and I move through the uncles and cousin who have served.

After your moment of quiet reflection, enjoy the rest of your day. After all, that is in part what they fought for, and still do.

No comments: