Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Overture Center web page disappoints

Mrs. Jib and I occasionally get all artsy and attend things like plays, operas, and the like. In the last week, I've read several positive reviews of "Dirty Blonde," which is playing at the Overture Center in Madison. I was hoping that I could surprise Mrs. Jib with tickets to it, but I had to try to find a date that would work for us. So I go to the Overture Center's web site. What a disappointment. Madison has this beautiful center of arts on State Street, but it has a third rate web site that isn't all that user friendly. The first thing I did was click on Event Calendar-->Monthly Calendar. Handy, if you are planning for a date in October or later. I also did not see any way to purchase tickets online. As of this moment, I'm not sure if I'll be getting those tickets to Dirty Blonde, and it is all because the Overture Center doesn't do much to cater to those of us who are web-centric.

No comments: