Thursday, November 30, 2006

Movie distribution on the net

Actor Morgan Freeman is part owner of a new company that is going to be distributing movies on the internet. The first movie they will distribute will be Freeman's new flick Ten Items or Less. The movie hits theaters Friday and then in two weeks it will be available at www.cstar.com. I think this is a great idea, even if it may be a little ahead of its time. I just hope they have enough bandwidth for what they are trying to do. Freeman was just on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, and at the end of Freeman's segment, they gave out the URL for the site. Having my laptop at the ready, I punched it in to see what this is all about. I wasn't able to pull the site up. I don't know if it got that much traffic when they mentioned it on the show or if there was another problem, but the only way they'll make this work is if they are completely flaw free when they go to release that first movie.

No comments: