Friday, November 10, 2006

Now I'm depressed

The Republican losses this week disappointed me but they did not make me depressed. Sometimes you lose, that's just the way it is. Then you regroup, march forward, and win the next time. The more I think about the potential Bush 41 team's influence on Bush 43 for the next two years, though, the more depressed I get. I didn't vote for the policies of Bush 41 two years ago, I voted for the policies of this administration. If they have to adjust then they should adjust, but going back to a team that got tossed out on its butt after one term ain't the way to do it. If W is worried about his legacy, going back to his dad's team and policies is only going to ensure that nobody thinks much of him when he leaves office, except his dad and his dad's old advisors.

Additional thought
Who could be the most politically damaged by a 43 turn to 41? The most conservative member of the family, Jeb Bush. His odds of running and winning the presidency were already slim, but something like this could crush any future chances he would have.

No comments: