Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Jackass or dumbasses?

The collective IQ of the area where I grew up must have dropped after I moved:

-- Attempts to do a movie stunt landed one man in the hospital with burned genitals and another facing criminal charges. The men were trying to do a stunt from one of the "Jackass" movies, in which a character lights his genitals on fire.

Jared W. Anderson, 20, suffered serious burns to his hands and genitals, according to the criminal complaint. Randell D. Peterson, 43, who sprayed lighter fluid on Anderson and lit him on fire, was charged with felony battery and first-degree reckless endangerment Tuesday in Eau Claire County Court.

Witnesses told police that Anderson, who was drunk, volunteered to do the stunt Sunday after watching the movie, the complaint said.


Back in the days when I worked at the brewery, I would watch the fresh cases of beer go past me and wonder what stupidity each one held for its consumers. In this case, I'm pretty sure the stupidity was a pre-existing condition.

No comments: