Friday, March 21, 2008

Snow Friday

I remember the Good Fridays of my youth quite well. The day stood out because it seemed like almost every Good Friday from when I was 7 to about 18 had sunny weather.

What the hell happened to those days
?

Granted, Easter is quite early this year. Still, where did this snowstorm come from? It is the end of March. The Wisconsin spring high school baseball season starts in two weeks. That means that even in the Northwoods, the snow is usually gone by the end of this month. Global warming my ass. I've said it before, but I'll say it again: This was the worst winter that I can remember.

And I do have one little gripe for Dane County. I know the interstate has embarrassed you guys twice this winter, so I can't blame you if you gave it a little extra love and attention today. Did you put all of your damn plows on it, though? U.S. Highway 12 is a major artery through your county, too, but when I drove home from work on it this afternoon it looked like a plow hadn't touched it all day. The snow depths in your county weren't all that bad-maybe 4 or 5 inches-but a major U.S. highway was treacherous. I think you can manage your snow clearing a little better than that.

No comments: