Thursday, June 24, 2010

Teachers

I have a long screed about teachers bubbling in me like a cauldron, but I'm weighing the wisdom of writing it. Brief synopsis: 1. While I know several very good teachers who answered their calling because of a passion for it, I know many more who went into teaching only because they'd failed in other areas in college, and as such, I believe the overall quality of our teachers is dropping precipitously. 2. There is no profession in the world that enjoys playing the martyr quite as much as teaching (my apologies to the teachers I do know who actually do make real personal sacrifices). 3. Selfishness is so rampant in teaching that I think it may actually be challenging the the selfishness of the sales profession, where selfishness is actually an asset.

No comments: