Monday, January 03, 2005

Back after a short absence

Thank you to everyone for your nice comments in the Happy New Year post. Mrs. Jib and I had a nice, subdued evening. We're getting too old for the drunken, wild New Year's celebrations, anyway. We tend to just get pissed off at the amateurs around us.

I'm excited about a new year of blogging. All in all, I'm pleased with Jiblog's first 6 months, however, like Drew, I have an obsession with my hit count and my links, especially after having the rush that comes with a Hughicane (my trademarked name for Hugh Hewitt's version of an Instalanche) right before the election. I'm looking forward to an even better 2005, and I hope all of you who are regulars are still regulars here 365 days from now.

Jiblog will be going on the road at the end of this week as I head to not so sunny Southern California for an 8 day business trip. I suspect I'll be listening to a lot of AM radio as I sit in gridlock, so hopefully the evenings will be bountiful in new posts. I just hope that airport security doesn't fondle my chest during a frisk. After all, what could be more terrible than that?

2 comments:

dawniebean said...

"I just hope that airport security doesn't fondle my chest during a frisk. After all, what could be more terrible than that?"

is that a rhetorical question? i think it's all in one's perspective. (just thought i'd comment and embarrass myself before geo make a comment to embarrass me)

Jib said...

Dawn, I'd have to say it was a rhetorical question. I understand how it could be uncomfortable for some women, but there is something I would personally find more uncomfortable-being blown out of the sky at 30,000 feet by the woman with explosives strapped to her breasts.