Sunday, January 23, 2005

A very Wisconsin weekend

As I sit here on a quiet Sunday, I'm thinking back on a weekend that I'm not sure I'd have experienced many places outside of Wisconsin. It started when the lovely Mrs. Jib and I went out on a triple date with a couple of her co-workers and their spouses. At 5:30 on Friday we drove to Madison for an evening of dinner, a comedy club, and drinking (with a DD), knowing full well that getting home was going to be a challenge. After an evening of plentiful laughs and beer, our trip home took double the time it normally would due to 6 inches of unplowed snow on highway 12. Saturday morning was all about digging out from 10 plus inches of snow. Saturday afternoon, Mrs. Jib and I entertained another set of our couple friends, and we whittled the day away with beer and board games because driving was out of the question. Today there is a second cleaning of drifted snow on the docket, and more beer.

Dealing with snow while drinking beer. Very Wisconsin. Possibly also the title of my autobiography.

No comments: