Monday, January 10, 2005

California Nightmare

Sorry for the lack of posting, but this has been the trip from hell for me. My flight in got all horked up, and I arrived very late and at the wrong airport. They initially lost my bag (quite the accomplishment given it was originally a direct flight). I was therefore shot on my first full day of the trip. Day 2 went reasonably well until I lost my cell phone. On Sunday I was not only frazzled because the lack of a phone was going to be problematic this week, but I start to feel under the weather. At the end of Sunday, I got good news, though. My cell phone was found. Now I'm getting meeting cancellations. Plus I'm sick. On top of that, it has been constantly raining out here. Unbelievable.

I am counting my blessings, though. I've seen video of a horrific landslide that has killed at least two. People's homes are being swept away. Their cars are being swept away. I still have my health, and my home is back in home sweet home Wisconsin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I SoCal we prefer the rain and mud to thousands of acres of hot, scorching fires. Easier to breathe.

Dan Cummings