Thursday, July 27, 2006

Who's your celebrity doppelganger?

As I was scanning headlines on Wednesday, I saw a story about a website that will tell you what celebrity you look like. I tucked the link away for another day when I actually had time to mess around with it. Tonight I checked it out, and you can, too, at MyHeritage.com. You'll need to register, but it is free.

All in all, I was disappointed. I uploaded my picture and was told that I looked most like Colin Firth. I don't look like Colin Firth at all. When I was younger and thinner, I was compared to a few celebrities, and I could kind of see where the comparisons were coming from. Not this one. Of course, it only got worse. The number two match was Bernardo Bertolucci. Number 3? Nancy Sinatra. I am cool with the number 4 match, though: Bruce Willis. Yippee kayay, mother...

Postscript
I ran a picture of the lovely Mrs. Jib, and she should be pleased. Her match percentage with Maria Sharapova (66%) was higher than my top match of Firth. Oh, and I ran a younger, more svelt picture of myself...and I got Colin Firth again. Dammit.

Post-postscript
Okay, this is actually really fun when you run pictures of people other than yourself. I ran a photo of my brother-in-law, father-in-law, and my dad sitting together. They came back as Alan Alda, Pierce Brosnan, Yehudi Menuhin, respectively. Completely inaccurate, but funny.

No comments: