Saturday, July 08, 2006

It's official: Toshiba sucks

I have a longstanding grudge against Toshiba. My first digital camera was a Toshiba. All in all, it was a fine camera, if you could over look the cheap ass construction. On mine, the dial fell off. For others, the battery doors snapped. I still liked the camera, though, and was even willing to pay to have it fixed. That's where the problem came in. Toshiba did not stand behind its products. My option with them was to send in my camera, and for some outrageous price, be sent a refurbished camera. If I remember correctly, the price of the refurbished camera, after the trade in, was more than the new camera had cost. Still, I really did like the camera itself. So I went looking for replacement parts. Once upon a time you could buy the dials, and the camera was only about a year and a half to two years old at that time. Notice that I said "once upon a time." Once Toshiba stopped making the camera, they stopped making the replacement parts. And everybody was having either the dial fall off or the battery door break, so nobody had stockpiles of the parts anymore.

Now I don't expect a company to stand by a product forever, or even after the warranty is up, and I don't expect them to make replacement parts forever. But when you churned out a piece of crap that literally everybody has a problem, you better make an effort to stand behind that product better than Toshiba did. That experience ensured for Toshiba that I would never, ever be one of their customers ever again. But I could never be sure if others felt the same way. Now I can.

It seems Toshiba just got a big fat 'F' from the Better Business Bureau. I now feel legally comfortable in telling all of you to stay the hell away from Toshiba products. While my camera took fine pictures, it was a poorly constructed piece of crap. This, along with the poor customer service, looks to be a recurring theme for Toshiba.

1 comment:

Toshiba Customer Care Contact Number said...

I am impressed your blog because your blog words is very impressiveness for business growths so thanks a lot for sharing this Information.