Wednesday, October 04, 2006

For the love of God, no!!!

Leinie's gets their hops from the Yakima valley. After this, the lovely Mrs. Jib may have to pimp me out to afford my beer:

Federal investigators were set Tuesday to begin an investigation into a fire that ruined about 4 percent of America's yield of hops, used as flavoring in the brewing of beer and ale.

The fire started shortly before noon Monday in a 40,000-square-foot (3,600-square-meter) warehouse operated by S.S. Steiner Inc., one of the four largest hop buyers in the Yakima Valley of central Washington. By mid-afternoon flames engulfed most of the building, sending up plumes of smoke and a pungent aroma.


This is just a C-O-N-spiracy by big beer to drive up prices (I should have been a Democrat political advisor).

Actually, if beer dropped to $2.39 a gallon, you might never hear from the blogger again. I'd be too busy in my beer swimming pool.

No comments: