Friday, July 30, 2004

Bad, Bad Conservative!

I'd love to fill this blog with my stunning insights on the Democratic National Convention. Unfortunately, I was a bad conservative. Why? I couldn't stomach this claptrap. Oh, I caught a little bit here and there on Fox from 10-1 am, but not a lot. Instead I drank beer, played softball, drank beer, watched baseball, and drank beer. The political convention is dead. It is more tradition than substance today. I'm a poli-junky just looking for reasons to criticize the Democratic party, and I couldn't get myself to sit down and mine from the wealth of material they were offering up for me on prime time. I know I'm not alone here. Reports are that the ratings are low. I'm curious if this will have any affect on the Kerry campaign. A lot of my fellow bloggers seem to think that this will be a negative for Kerry. I'm still firmly in the less is more camp when it comes to the Kerry campaign. In other words, the less people see him, the less they know about him, the better his chances to win are. While I firmly believe that is a formula for a disastrous Presidency, I still believe that is what it will take for Kerry to win. And considering how few people seem to care about this convention and Kerry, the apathy just may play into his hands. And I'm a bad conservative for not watching myself and proclaiming from the blogger-tops what a putz this guy really is.

No comments: