Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Decade

This is a post that is actually 2 days over due. With the Labor Day weekend and a visit from family on the docket, I hope my lovely bride will understand-in fact, I know she will, because the date slipped by her as well.

10 years ago, on September 4, 1995, the lovely Mrs. Jib and I met for the first time. It was not a storybook meeting. I was a sophomore, full of myself, if for no other reason than I wasn't a freshman anymore. She was a freshman, brand new to college and eager to get started. I'll spare the details because I know she isn't fond of our personal stories being played out on the internet, but sufficeth to say we weren't terribly fond of one another after that first meeting. I guess it just goes to show that first impressions aren't always as important as they are made out to be. A little over two months later we were dating, and the rest is history.

As I think back, the ten years have flashed by in the blink of an eye. We are boring folk, so it is safe to say that while a lot hasn't happened in thattime, they have been the best ten years of my life.

No comments: