Sunday, February 25, 2007

Hopefully my last Oscars comment of the night

I rarely watch the Oscars, and now I remember why: It is insufferable. There are so many segments they can do without, the acceptance speeches stink, and most importantly, all too many actors and actresses are incapable of reading out loud, something I find very ironic, and the smugness is unbearable at times. Word of advice to the "talent": If you can't do an animated job of reading from a teleprompter, or even get through it without stumbling, then memorize your lines and act.

Lest anyone criticize me for not changing the channel, let me say that I am being forced to watch against my will. Married men out there will understand where I'm coming from. I think tomorrow night I'm going to make her watch wrestling.

No comments: