Sunday, April 22, 2007

A foreshadow of Fred Thompson stumbling blocks

I've been watching the love fest with Fred Thompson with great interest. I'm not a Fred Thompson acolyte, but I am open to hearing what he's all about. I'm a realist, too, which means that I know that Thompson, like all presidential candidates, will not have a smooth run of things if he chooses to join the race. Right now, he has the benefit of not having to stump and not having to be a target for other candidates and the media. If he runs, the magnifying glass will be on him, and the spotlight will be hot. So if you are already heady for a Thompson run, it might be best to prepare yourself for some of the issues that might be problematic for him amongst conservatives. If he can handle them deftly, then he deserves to be a front runner. If not, then he'll just be another candidate that doesn't meet the high bar conservatives are setting for this race.

No comments: