Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Jaded

I'm having a pot v. kettle moment. I'm jaded about blogs, which is funny because every regular reader I've ever had has every right to be jaded by my near absence from the venue for quite some time now. But still, I regularly read many of the blogs that I once considered indispensable, and I'm so very disappointed. Some have ceased to offer much in the way of the opinion and analysis that made them what they were. Instead, they Instapundit it, which annoyed me while Glenn Reynolds pioneered it. Others seem to be living on their reputation circa 2005 and offer a smugness that they have absolutely no justification for. I always half anticipated the collapse of blogging, but I never anticipated that it would start to devour itself in this way.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

That's just the nature of blogging, though, Jib. It's not about you, it's about the blogger. Focuses change. Interests change. B&S has been focusing on a local issue that no one else is covering because that's what is important to him. The state and national stuff has taken a backseat. Bloggers write what is interesting to them, not what is interesting to you.

Hope all is well with you and your family. One thing I miss is getting to know other bloggers.

Jib said...

The family is great. Little guy makes me proud (almost) every day. I hope all is well with yours as well.

As for the substance of your comment, you don't have to explain B&S to me. I'm not exactly pleasing the masses here. However, if a blogger chooses to change interests, to change the direction of their blogs, etc, I'm not going to be shy about the fact that I find them much less interesting. It still is an interactive forum, Wendy. Take Steveegg. He would like to see me actually fix the code on this mess. It'll be a while before I do. But I'm not going to begrudge him the right to complain about it.