Friday, August 20, 2004

Holy City of Milwaukee

Since putting "Holy City" in front of any revered locality that has nothing to do with Christianity or Judaism is all the rage these days, I announce that this blog will forever more refer to Milwaukee as "The Holy City of Milwaukee". I justify this with the news that I consider beer to be a gift from our Creator, whomever your creed deems that to be. As I believe Benjamin Franklin once said, "Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy." (Swap in Allah, Buddha, David Koresh as your beliefs see fit).

Under this logic, I also will refer to Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin, as the "Holy City of Chippewa Falls." Since the Holy City of Chippewa Falls holds special prominence as the birthplace of Leinenkugel's, only Leinies drinkers may enter the city limits.

St. Louis shall forever be known as "St. Louis". Those damn Bud'ites can go to hell.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Very funny... I concur with my esteemed colleague from Jefferson County.

Jib said...

Woo hoo! Considering I've had about 50 unique visitors to this site, it's pretty cool to see a fellow Wisconsinite commenting. Go Pack!