Saturday, March 19, 2005

Jiblog note to certain liberal readers (not all)

Hello liberal Jiblog readers. This is a message for some of you, but not all of you. Those of you that I can actually have an intelligent conversation with are off the hook.

Here's my issue. I am not a big music fan. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy music. Every karaoke bar that's ever heard me belt out Piano Man knows that much. I just don't seek out music, or make the time to listen to it. Because of this, this whole iPod craze is making me feel very left out. I believe that I am a member of the minority group of musically disinclined Americans. Because of this, I cringe at all of the iPod discussion that I see and hear. I feel that my civil right to be "part of the in crowd" is being violated by all of this iPod talk. Will you help out an oppressed minority by banning the iPod, or maybe just outlaw any discussion of iPods (they are sold by fat cat corporate America, after all). And hey, ACLU? Message me. Let's talk lawsuit. Trial lawyers, you too. I see a big class action, punitive damages award that you can collect 70% of. After all, iPod is clearly taking advantage of our young. They are put out by Apple, for cripessake! Kids love apples! If you can score on tobacco, alcohol, and fast food, I know you all can score on iPods.

(This post is written with tongue so firmly in cheek that Jib may not be able to speak for a week.)

No comments: