Sunday, March 20, 2005

Jiblog reading list

My parents have done a lot for me in my life, but I think that one of the most important things they did was to foster a love of reading in me. The way they did this was by telling me that if I wanted a book, they'd buy, period. I'm sure that at times this was a bit of a sacrifice for them because while we had all the necessities, there were times when I know there wasn't much left over for things above and beyond that. I'm amazed that they still fortify that love of reading in me today. Every year Mrs. Jib and I receive Border's gift cards from my parents (as I've referenced below, Mrs. Jib is an avid reader as well).

So far this year, work and blogging have backed me up on my reading. Since this has been a somewhat quiet weekend, I'd like to share my book backlog with all of you. If you've read any of them, I'd love to hear your comments.
  1. Rome Wasn't Burnt in a Day, Joe Scarborough
  2. Because He Could, Dick Morris
  3. "When is Daddy Coming Home?": An American Family during World War II, Richard Haney
  4. Blog, Hugh Hewitt
  5. Reagan's Revolution, Craig Shirley
  6. We Blog, Paul Bausch
  7. Uncle John's Unstoppable Bathroom Reader, (cut me some slack, they're entertaining!)
  8. Life and Times on the Mighty Santeur, Clara Anderson. (No link, published by a small Northern Wisconsin press after the author's death)
I've just finished 4 by Brett and Bonita Favre, which is an excellent read if you are a Favre fan. I'm also "in progress" with Colossus by Niall Ferguson. It has been an airplane book for me.

No comments: