Sunday, March 06, 2005

Jib finally joins the 21st century

After much hemming and hawing, the lovely Mrs. Jib and I finally decided to rearrange our phone arrangements. This will allow me to drop my dial up and go with DSL, so today is my last day on that wonder of the 1990's, dial up internet service. Posting on Monday night may end up being a little dicey as I fully expect technical difficulties. I may have more difficulties on Thursday when my new Wi-Fi router comes into the local Best Buy and I go wireless. How sweet it is! (Envision a 2 foot tall wooden Jib running through the grass with a laptop. Fade to black).

If you need help trying figure out what a Jib looks like, add one part Topher Grace, one part Kevin Bacon, and one part Tom Glavine. Mix, strain, and serve on the rocks. Or so says Mrs. Jib.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

You will love being on broadband, if you ever again have to use dialup for any reason, it will drive you nuts. I went from dialup to DSL and the change was huge, jumping to cable would be another huge leap, especially now that RoadRunner (if that's your provider) is pushing 5Mbps down and 400Kbps up. it's a huge change for everything, especially if you play any on-line games. I can get into real time games with 50 to 75 people with no lag at all.

Enjoy your DSL!