Thursday, October 27, 2005

Halloween in Madison

It is nearly here-Halloween in Madison. If you've never been on, near, or around State Street in Madison, WI when everyone is celebrating Halloween, then you've missed the greatest people watching event of all time. Halloween has been a problem for the city, though. Things have gotten rowdy, and the riot police have had their fun. So this year, the city and the university are telling everyone that if you're not from Madison, you aren't welcome. Now I ask you, what happens when you tell a spirited young adult that they can't do something? That thing becomes the most important thing for them to do. Hell, I want to go, just to be contrarian, and I'm not the rebellious, spirited type (Per Mrs. Jib, I'm not going, by the way). If I had to make a prediction, I'd say Madison just put the lid on a boiling pot of water. We'll see if I'm right this weekend.

No comments: