Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Wisconsin Primary & Other Ruminations

*One word sums up how I feel about this primary: Blech.

*At the risk of being labeled a heretic in this GOTV society, I did not vote today. I was tied to a telephone all day, but if I had been inspired, I could have made it to the polls before they closed. I was not so inspired. I could not bear making a strategic vote for either Clinton or Obama in the Democrats' primary, and I'm just not yet ready to pull the lever for John McCain. I also didn't feel like making a pointless 'principle' vote for anyone else.

*Yes, I know, I should have gone anyway for the down ballot votes. My funk is deep, though.

*So Fidel Castro has resigned. That's newsworthy, but things aren't going to change much. Fidel's been ill long enough for Raul Castro to have an orderly succession plan in place.

*If my count is correct, I received 5 robo/campaign calls from the two Dem candidates. Obama won that count, too.

*I'm not a big fan of open primaries, but in this instance, cross-over voting did not make a bit of difference.

*For the record, corn ethanol still sucks. It leaves us one drought away from disaster.

*I think I'm suffering from some sort of political depression. Politically speaking, I feel like sleeping through this entire presidential election. The cause is this Dole-Clinton deja vu I have setting in over a possible McCain-Obama contest.

*This Wisconsin winter has been so bad that for the first time in my life I've found my mind wandering in regards to how nice it would be to live somewhere else.

*As for Lindsey Lohan's photo shoot in New York magazine-at first I wondered who in their right mind would disgrace Marilyn Monroe by choosing Lohan to do a tribute spread to her. The more I thought about it, though, the more I realized that it is actually a little fitting.

*If messiah Barack Obama turns water into beer, then and only then will I consider voting for him, but only if he promises to run the presidency from my sink.

No comments: