Saturday, October 22, 2005

Caution: Blog geek question ahead

Okay, fellow geek bloggers, I have a question for you. Have you ever considered paying to advertise your site? I've been building traffic for this site slowly but surely, and I'm content to do it this way because I think my base readership will eventually be stronger because of it. Just the same, I occasionally see Right Wing News announce that he has available ad space, and his price is reasonable. I've always been tempted to buy an ad from him, just for s&g's to see what it would do for me traffic wise. The only thing that has held me back is that the money would have to come out of a fund I have set up to buy the camera I've been coveting for quite a while. I'm getting close to buying that camera, and I don't want to set myself back unless the ad would really create results.

I know we all look to bring in traffic in variety of ways, but I see few blogs willing to put their money where their keyboards are and actually advertise their sites. Any thoughts?

No comments: