Monday, January 15, 2007

Snowblowing etiquette

I woke up early this morning, something I am loathe to do, in order to clear snow before work. I got outside at 6 a.m. to find a measly three inches of snow on the ground. I'm fairly new to the snowblowing thing, so I had to debate what my next move was going to be. Shoveling was out of the question because I have too much surface area to clear and I wouldn't have had enough time before work. At the same time, though, I felt guilty about firing up the snowblower at 6 a.m., waking up the neighborhood just so I could clear 3 inches of snow. So on one hand, I had 'be a good neighbor', and on the other I had a driveway, car pad, deck, and sidewalk free of snow. Needless to say, I fired up the snowblower and acted as the neighborhood alarm clock. Did I show bad snowblowing etiquette?

No comments: