Saturday, June 02, 2007

Gore doubts his own political aptitude

This is interesting:

Former Vice President Al Gore isn't sure he has the 'aptitude for politics' it would take to be elected president, but he has not ruled out running in 2008, he told the Tennessean newspaper.

Gore, who has repeatedly said he has no plans to run for president, said on Friday at a signing event for his new book "The Assault on Reason," that he wasn't sure he has what it takes to be elected president in today's political climate.

"I don't expect to get into this race," he said in a story on the paper's Web site. "I have given the reasons why. I strongly prefer to serve in other ways.

"I haven't definitely ruled out a return to politics for the rest of my life, but I don't expect to re-enter politics because I don't think I'm very good at some of the things that the modern political system rewards and requires," he added, saying his "aptitude for politics" did not match what is required in the political system today.


Well, I give him this much-he's pretty good at self examination. Gore doesn't have great political skills when it comes to presidential politics. I know a lot of people on the left are pining for another Gore run, but it would not end they way they want it to.

No comments: