Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Jeff Jarvis admonished by his readers

Earlier today Captain Ed had posted that Bernard Goldberg had been ambushed on Donny Deutsch's "The Big Idea". Goldberg is an entertaining read, so it perked my ears up a little, but not enough to waste my time watching Donny Deutsch. Then I read the update at Captain's Quarters, and from that post headed over to Jeff Jarvis's Buzz Machine. Jarvis was one of 4 panelists brought on to oppose Goldberg and his book, even though none of them had read it yet. Jarvis's readers have been beating him up for his performance on "The Big Idea". Even if you could care less about Deutsch and Goldberg, go to Jarvis's post and then read the comments. The commentors even take time to slam James Wolcott, who stopped into the comments and shoved his foot down his throat.

And sadly, I'm going to watch the rebroadcast on CNBC at 12:30.

Update
Ugh, now I remember why I don't watch Donnie Deutsch. I'm also reminded of why, although I was thrilled he mentioned one of my posts on MSNBC, Jeff Jarvis irritated me so on that particular day. You'd need a diamond tipped blade to cut through his smugness.

No comments: