Saturday, July 30, 2005

My name is Jib, and I'm a Moleskine-aholic

Today was a Borders day for Mrs. Jib and I. Most people find this weird, but a Borders outing is our favorite date. But anyway, I came face to face with a painful truth while we were there; I'm addicted to Moleskine notebooks.


In the crummy picture above, please note the rectangular notebook in the foreground. It is a Moleskine Cahier. I already own two Moleskine notebooks that are the same size as this but have more pages. For some reason, I find them inconvenient to carry around, so both are barely used. The smaller Cahier only has 32 (64 front & back) pages, though, making it much easier to slip into a pocket. Today was the first time I've seen the Cahiers, and I was hooked. So I spent $5.95 for 3 of them. That's $5.95 for 96 (192 f&b) sheets of very small notepaper. It does serve a purpose. I've forgotten as many post ideas in the last 13 months as actual posts I've made. I also have tons of free floating sheets of paper with post ideas on them-if I could just find them back. But I spent six dollars on what is really $.99 in notepads. My name is Jib, and I have a problem.

Update
Welcome, my fellow Moleskine users. I didn't realize that there was such and avid following out there. I'm already about a quarter of the way through my first Cahier, and I'm loving it. I hope you enjoy the post. Make yourselves at home and take a look around. Let me know what your think of the place!

No comments: