Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Calatrava Chicago

Call me old fashioned, but even in this post 9-11 era, I am a firm believer in man reaching for the sky with taller, more beautiful skyscrapers. It used to be that these buildings were symbolic of wealth and power for the building owners, while also symbolizing man's power over nature and physics for their creators. Now these buildings also represent the strength of the American will and spirit, and our natural defiance in the face of enemies. That's why I hope the city of Chicago approves plans for a residential skyscraper designed by Santiago Calatrava. Based on the artististic rendition at the New York Times, the building is very attractive. It would also be the tallest building in the United States at 2000 total feet. I love the spirit in the plan, and I hope the city of Chicago has the courage to approve it.

No comments: