Thursday, October 06, 2005

Miers stupidity

Ugh. This Miers nomination is turning into a mucky mess. I had thought there was a place for informed debate about this within the Republican party. I stand corrected. The entire thing has sunk into the depths of the swamp that is Washington. Everyone in the party has started grasping for mud, beginning with the President's staff, apparently. All the while, I've sat here and waited for someone to explain why I'm wrong about opposing this nomination, and no one has stepped up to do so, with the possible exception of one commentor here, and even she didn't convince me. All I can do is sit back, shake my head and chuckle. The President has dealt the cards; now its time to see who has the best hand. I'm still pretty convinced it isn't the President.

No comments: